NURS631 – Matauranga Whakahangai – Te Mahi Tiaki Rawa/Knowledge for Practice – Complex Care
Matauranga Whakahangai – Te Mahi Tiaki Rawa/Knowledge for Practice – Complex Care
To practice in partnership with individuals and whanau experiencing acute and complex healthcare needs.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, practice simulation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Articulate clinical reasoning for nursing individuals and whanau experiencing acute and complex healthcare needs across the lifespan.
2. Explain the pathophysiology underlying acute and complex conditions experienced by individuals.
3. Articulate the relationship between cultural safety and cultural openness in nursing practice.
4. Compare and contrast models of hauora within acute and complex care.
- Learning Outcome 1
Acute and complex healthcare needs across the lifespan
Clinical reasoning in acute and complex care
Determinants of health
Evidence-based practice and research approaches in acute and complex care
Early warning systems including maternity early warning system
Mental health and addiction in the context of acute and complex care
Adverse/traumatic experiences across the lifespan
Learning Outcome 2
Learning Outcome 3
Cultural safety and cultural openness
Learning Outcome 4
Hauora in contemporary contexts
Models of hauora
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% to pass this module with a minimum mark of 40% in each part of the portfolio.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the academic staff member at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.