NURS514 – Koiora Tangata 1/Human Science 1
Koiora Tangata 1/Human Science 1
To understand the anatomy and physiology of organ systems of the healthy human body.
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, practice simulation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Use correct scientific terminology to describe human anatomy and physiology, including cells and tissues.
2. Describe and explain the anatomy and physiology of the following organ systems: integumentary, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, urinary, respiratory, gastrointestinal.
3. Demonstrate understanding of collection and interpretation of physiological indicators.
- Learning Outcome 1
Scientific terms in context
Cell structure and function
Learning Outcome 2
Anatomy and physiology of the integumentary, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, urinary, respiratory and gastrointestinal systems
Organisation of the body
Learning Outcome 3
Biological measurements and assessment skills.
Biological principles to underpin nursing care.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% to pass this module with a minimum mark of 40% in each part of the portfolio.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the academic staff member at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.