MG6136 – Engineering Project
To apply knowledge and problem-solving skills to plan and complete an engineering project relevant to the strand studied ( mechanical, electrical or electronics) to accepted practice and standards from a given specification.
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Develop preliminary design(s), based on a given specification, for an engineering project relevant to their strand ( Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics,)
2. Develop a plan or design parameters considering functionality, safety, environmental, cultural and ethical issues
3. Undertake well-defined planning and produce as project output
4. Produce supporting documentation relevant to project output
5. Evaluate compliance of the project output against specification
6. Present findings to an audience in a professional manner
• Design process and methodology, design briefs, concepts, stakeholder requirements, alternatives, evaluation, decision making, design standards.
• Producing a detailed design, design evaluation and review, identify and apply relevant design codes.
• Material selection, determining and applying criteria, considering alternatives, selection, specification.
• Design reports, documenting the design, calculations, drawings, specifications, writing a report, design presentations
• Research options for design to meet specifications.
• Detailed design or plan, construct or simulated design and commission, identify and apply relevant standards.
• Document the design, calculations, drawings, specification, write a report
• Present an overview of the project to peers and industry representatives.