MG6022 – Microcontroller Systems 2
Microcontroller Systems 2
To develop an understanding of microcontroller hardware technology and its selection and application.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Apply microcontroller hardware technology to a given application.
2. Analyse and implement the operation of off-chip peripherals.
3. Select and use microcontroller development tools.
4. Investigate testing strategies and programming techniques for conformance to specification and fault tolerance.
5. Develop a working software solution to meet a given specification using techniques to aid testing and fault tolerance.
- • Physical and commercial microcontroller hardware constraints in relation to a design brief and data sheets
• Microcontroller hardware technology
• The operation of off-chip peripherals and the operation and implementation
• Characteristics and areas of application of microcontroller development tool features
• Software and hardware testing strategies and techniques
• Programming techniques and fault tolerance methods
• Software for a microcontroller is developed to meet a given specification
• Software documentation to industry standards