MG6019 – PLC Programming 2
PLC Programming 2
To develop an understanding of, and an advanced knowledge of PLC systems, applications, and programming methods.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Apply advanced PLC programming techniques
2. Apply PID (Proportional Integral and Derivative) control.
3. Apply data communication concepts to a range of fieldbus systems.
4. Integrate commonly used sensors and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) to a PLC.
- • Data types and tags.
• Indirect addressing, step control, array manipulation and testing.
• Maths functions.
• Data communication protocols.
• Function charts to IEC848 Standard.
• PID function block control and trending.
• Data communication systems for simple fieldbus systems.
• Commonly used sensors and their interfacing.
• Touch screens and their interfacing.