MG5035 – Electronic Principles
To provide the students with an understanding of general electronics and the basic building blocks of electronics as required for subsequent courses.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of circuit theorems.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of, and apply fundamental principles of digital electronics.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of, and apply fundamental principles of power supplies.
4. Demonstrate and understanding of, and apply fundamental principles of analogue electronics.
5. Demonstrate the use of electronic measuring equipment.
- • The venin’s theorem, superposition theorem and maximum power transfer theorem.
• Combinational logic circuits, sequential logic, registers, counters and encoders.
• Diodes, rectification and smoothing. Simple Zener and three-terminal regulated power supplies. Switching power supplies.
• Linear and switching operation of BJT and MOSFET devices.
• Operational Amplifier theory and applications.
• Electronic meters, oscilloscope, function generators and component testers.