MG5021 – Electonics Manufacturing 1
Electonics Manufacturing 1
To develop an understanding of the design and production process of electronic printed circuit board manufacturing processes and methods of testing for electronic products.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Select circuit board, materials, and manufacturing technologies for a given electronic engineering application hardware solution.
2. Produce circuit schematic diagrams and printed circuit board artwork for a given electronic engineering application.
3. Assemble a printed circuit board based circuit.
4. Apply effective electronic product hardware testing and fault-finding techniques.
- • Selecting suitable materials and methods of manufacture for a given circuit
• Converting from a schematic diagram to a printed circuit board layout using a CAD software package
• Considerations regarding component placement on a printed circuit board
• Soldering techniques following safe industry practice used to connect components
• Operational testing in a safe manner conducted to confirm that product performs to specification
• Systematic fault-finding techniques and operational testing techniques