MG5020 – Microcontroller Systems 1
Microcontroller Systems 1
To develop an understanding of microcontroller architecture, applications and interfacing requirements.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate and apply knowledge of microcontroller hardware.
2. Demonstrate practical microcontroller software development methods.
- • Typical microcontroller architecture is described and operation is explained
• Microcontroller on-board subsystems are described and configured to perform simple industrial functions in accordance with industry practice
• A microcontroller is interfaced to practical devices in accordance with industry practice
• An IDE is used to demonstrate practical software development methods for microcontrollers in accordance with industry practice
• Programs for a microcontroller are written and documented based on given specifications in accordance with industry practice