MASS503 – Clinical Massage Practice
Clinical Massage Practice
The aim of this module is to provide the students with a strong practical base for delivering relaxation and wellness massage therapy treatment modalities in a massage business practice.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Describe ethical and legal considerations in massage practice
Maintain health records in a massage therapy practice
Demonstrate relaxation and wellness massage techniques in a small business practice massage setting.
- - Ethical and legal issues within the massage therapy industry in New Zealand
- Recording, maintaining and safe keeping of client health records
- Referral and Allied Health practitioner relationships
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Relaxation and wellness massage techniques in a massage practice setting
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Tutorials will develop concepts further through kinaesthetic or visual tasks. The assignments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the course.
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module the student must complete all assignments and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%
Students must also meet all of the requirements of the competency based assessment tasks to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be on the basis of the marks from the achievement based tasks.