Intro to Ensemble Performance
Students will develop repertoire and gain experience performing in a variety of situations.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, portfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Develop procedure and skills across a range of ensemble performances
2. Analyse and use codes and conventions of ensemble performance practice
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process
4. Understand selected discourses and practices and their relevance to contemporary music performance
- • Ensemble performance contexts
• Song arrangement and interpretation
• Performance psychology
• Practice and rehearsal strategies
• Sound and lighting technical riders
• Developing repertoire
• Ensemble workshop
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Soundproof rehearsal and performance spaces
• Instruments, PA systems