LADE417 – Landscape Installation
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is for students to manage the installation of, and construct a landscape design from plans.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe managing of the landscape installation process.
Provide instruction and supervise team members in the safe and effective installation of landscape elements as part of a landscape plan.
Demonstrate skill and competency in the construction processes involved in the installation of a landscape design from plans.
- -Contract comprehension, plan quantification, material ordering, job planning, site management, hazard identification and management, project reporting
-Instruction and supervision techniques.
-Construction of all elements in usual residential sized landscape design installation, i.e. 700m2-1000m2 section, including, but not limited to; drainage, timber structures and elements, surfaces, garden preparation, planting, irrigation, lighting, lawns.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, and creation of portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment is achievement based. Students need to submit all components within the portfolio and gain a minimum of 50 in each component including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standards to pass this module.