LADE403 – Graphics
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to introduce students to a range of different ways to represent garden plans.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Graphically illustrate a range of garden elements using a variety of representation mediums.
Illustrate perspective and sectional drawings for specified garden situations.
Draft and render garden master plans for presentation.
Demonstrate correct technical representation in producing plans for garden construction purposes.
- -Develop techniques for use of graphic tools; i.e. pencils, pens, charcoals, colouring products, photographs, collage scale models, and computer design, for sketching, painting, rendering, artistic expression and exploring garden design representation.
-Illustrate garden plan items; i.e. buildings, paths, driveways, plants, materials, features, structures, people, vehicles, in plan and in section.
-Technical drafting, orthogonal drawing (plan views, front views and side views), plans, elevations, cross-sections.
-Axonometric (3D representation) drawing, one point and two point perspective.
-Rendering including shading, texture effects, material effects.
-Computer Aided Design (CAD), basics of two dimensional use and representation.
-Mixed media plan finishing; photo overlay, collage, hand drawing, and CAD.
-Text styles, printing, annotations, label, title-blocks.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, and creation of portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.
The portfolio of evidence will demonstrate the achievement of the required knowledge, competencies and capabilities across all learning outcomes.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Garden Representation tutorial notes, exercises and readings