LADE303 – Site Setout
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student’s skill and knowledge in assisting with site set up for landscape construction projects.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Assist with site set up for landscape construction.
- ? Interpretation of landscape construction plans and location of landscape elements on site.
? Site clearance using appropriate tools and equipment
? Setting out site features using survey pegs, string lines and profiles
? Preparation of equipment and assistance with establishing levels
? Wearing PPE appropriate for task
? Safe working around people and machinery on site
? Cleaning and storing tools and equipment after use.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.