LADE301 – Material Requirements
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge and skill in understanding materials required for timber construction, and to order materials for timber landscape features.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of timber features, and fastenings and fixings, covering grades, preservation, limitations, quality.
2. Prepare an order of materials, and complete documentation for timber landscape features.
- ? Grades or indigenous and exotic timbers, their uses and limitations
? Methods of timber preservation, and factors affecting their effectiveness
? Durability and limitations of using timber without preservation in landscape work; natives and exotics
? Features and factors contributing to timber quality
? Types and uses of fastening and fixing for timber work.
? Timber selection suitable for landscape work and site requirements
? Timber quantity calculations for a timber feature
? Selecting, calculating quantities of fastening and fixings for a timber feature.
- Basic of Assessment
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform..