LADE200 – Workplace Safety
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student’s ability to apply safe work practices in the work place.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify the principles of workplace safety in a given workplace.
2. Demonstrate safe work practices in a specific workplace.
- ? Safe work practices, organizational requirements; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Signage, safety guarding, work permits.
? Work place hazard identification system; hazard registers, hazard reports, inspections, area analysis, task analysis, process analysis
? Clear and effective communication in good workplace health and safety practice
? Organisation required communication methods; radio, electronic, signage, oral, written, sirens, signals.
? Routine work activities in accordance with organizational requirements; correct use of PPE, safety rules, workplace hazards and controls, use of ergonomic practice, incident reporting, compliance with signage and entry requirements.
? Communication methods.
? Workplace hazard identification methods.
? Unsafe work practice and corrective actions.
? Documentation relating to safe work practices.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components either pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform