INFO823 – Software Testing
Students will implement and critically assess software testing techniques, planning and approaches.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Develop and implement a program for testing a software application utilizing contemporary software testing tools, techniques and practices.
2. Critically analyse the planning, techniques, implementation and testing of a software application.
- • Introduction and basic concepts
• Manual and automated testing
• Testing techniques: black and white boxes
• Testing strategies and approaches
• Types of software testing
• Levels of software testing
• Software maintenance and quality assurance
• Testing in rapid application development environment
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but are not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.