Applied Information Technology Internship or Project
Students will undertake a substantial internship or project involving the application of IT expertise to an information technology problem.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Identify one or more practical problems that can be solved using information technology in a specified time frame and formulate a detailed description of the problem and the objectives to be met to an appropriate level
2.Review relevant information sources in order to identify appropriate information technology strategies for solving one or more specific problems
3.Develop and document implementation strategies for developed solutions
4.Demonstrate reflective practice within a professional IT context
- - Problem identification and scoping
- Problem specification and objective setting
- Assessment of outcomes and process
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve regular meetings with an assigned academic supervisor and discussions with other students.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems
A handbook detailing policies and processes for internships and applied projects will be made available to students and supervisors.