Rangahau and Research Methodology and Design
To advance understanding of selected rangahau and research methods and concepts.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, e-portfolio, practice simulation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critically analyse similarities and differences between rangahau, common qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research methodologies.
2. Analyse rangahau and common qualitative/ quantitative research methodologies and design issues.
3. Evaluate ethical considerations pertaining to rangahau and human research.
4. Develop a research question and testable hypothesis (if appropriate) relevant to physiotherapy based on critical appraisal of academic literature.
5. Critically appraised relevant research literature.
- Rangahau worldview and methods
Quantitative research methods
Qualitative research methods
Mixed methods research
An ethical approach to study design
Ethical application process
Review and advanced critical appraisal of literature
Designing a research question and appropriate study method
Critical appraisal skills
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components.
Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes, and gain an overall mark of 50% to pass this module.