HSMW732 – Elective Practicum
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To pursue an approved area of midwifery practice; and reflect upon this midwifery practicum experience and consolidate midwifery knowledge, skills and research in preparation for their future role as an autonomous midwifery practitioner.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Individual student learning outcomes for selected practicum experience will be developed by the student and approved by the Module Coordinator. Learning outcomes will reflect the level descriptors set by NZQA in the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications, the New Zealand College of Midwives Standards of Practice and the Midwifery Council of New Zealand’s Competencies for Entry to the Register of Midwives.
- Clinical placement (150 hours)
? Practicum experience that enables individual learning outcomes to be achieved
? Demonstrated professional, culturally responsive, safe and effective midwifery care
? Demonstrated reflective practice
? Practises in partnership with women/wahine
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components.
Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes, and gain an overall mark of 50% to pass this module.
Students must meet all the clinical requirements, including evidence of a minimum of 150 hours clinical placement to be eligible to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, e-portfolio, practice simulation.