HSMW721 – Integrating Midwifery A
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Integrating Midwifery A
To provide integrated, professional and culturally responsive, continuity of midwifery care in partnership with women/wahine.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Provide integrated, professional and culturally responsive midwifery care in partnership with women/wahine.
2. Integrate professional accountability, appropriate planning, critical thinking and decision making into midwifery practice, including management of obstetric emergencies.
3. Critically apply and reflect on advanced professional and appropriate communication with the woman/wahine, her family/whanau and with colleagues.
4. Integrate reflection on own midwifery practice.
- Clinical placement (300 hours)
? Integration of principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Turanga Kaupapa into culturally responsive midwifery practice in partnership with women/wahine
? Integration of evidence-based practice, frameworks for midwifery practice, appropriate knowledge and skills, and current legislation into practice
? Skills for the management of obstetric emergencies.
? Identifies and responds to deviations from normal
? Diversity in practice
? Reflective practice
? Prioritises care and appropriate time management
? Professional and therapeutic communication and documentation
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components.
Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes, and gain an overall mark of 50% to pass this module.
Students must meet all the clinical requirements, including evidence of a minimum of 300 hours clinical placement to be eligible to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, e-portfolio, practice simulation.