This module will develop and extend Mori language skills for advanced beginners in the area of krero, whakarongo, tuhituhi and pnui where these skills can be utilised in a variety of context and situations. It will further develop a deeper knowledge of the role of traditional structures today.
- Learning Outcomes
- - Analyse ancestral narratives and practices of hapu and Iwi.
- Analyse the different contexts of hui.
- Organise and implement a Marae powhiri and poroporoaki.
- Examine and expand topics for use in Te Reo conversation.
- Examine and apply language techniques to transform sentence structures into passives.
- Translate paanui and tuhituhi into English and Te Reo Maaori.
- - Te Reo me nga tikanga
- Material on the poowhiri process and operations of the marae
- Material on Maaori narratives and creation process
- Group discussions and waananga of Maaori topics
- Application of the Maaori world view to a number of practices
- Identity building and rediscovery
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- - Lectures
- Online research
- Practice Accounts
- Inquiry based activities
- Basic of Assessment
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. The application and assessment of transferable skills are integrated into the assessment tasks. To pass this module all assessments must be submitted and an overall pass mark of 50 is required. Students must also meet all the requirements of the competency based assessment tasks to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement based tasks.
Paetahi Tumu Krero Bachelor of Counselling is an applied academic degree which includes the requirement that students demonstrate professional practice in a range of ways. This includes high levels of attendance and participation. To this end students who do not meet the 80 attendance criteria (without approved reason) will fail the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.