HORT515 – Leadership and Management
Leadership and Management
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge and competency in leadership and relationship management for a team in a primary industry operation.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and use appropriate leadership styles in the workplace.
2. Establish team behavioural expectations and standards.
3. Coach and mentor members.
4. Establish, maintain and enhance working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- • Leadership styles
• Communication styles
• Strategies to manage workplace interpersonal relationships
• Behavioural expectations; timeliness, interactions with colleagues, roles and responsibilities in relation to particular goal or task
• Establishment of behavioural expectations and standards
• Reporting/displaying behavioural expectations
• Reviewing and updating behavioural expectations and standards
• Coaching and mentoring team members to enhance performance
• Cultural awareness within team
• Collaborative decision making
• Collaborative approaches to teamwork
• Encouraging individual contributions
• Stakeholder communication processes
• Communication feedback from stakeholders to team members
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there is no achievement based assessment involved, a competency pass will be given if competencies are satisfied.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus to content and material, projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform