HORT340 – Plant and Maintain Plants
Plant and Maintain Plants
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge and skills in planting and maintaining plants.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Prepare for planting according to workplace procedures
Carry out planting according to workplace procedures
Check and maintain plantings and the planted area according to workplace procedures
- - Planting plan, planting objectives
- Planting tools, and item requirements
- Site clearance and soil cultivation, soil amendments
- Tool maintenance and storage, site clearance
- Plant condition prior to planting
- Planting to planting plan
- Maintenance for eight weeks; weed control, pruning and training, trimming, fertilising, watering, stakes and support structures, protective structures, ground cultivation and conditioning
- Waste removal
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.