HORT326 – Active Listening
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student’s ability to listen actively to gain information.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Listen actively to gain information in an interactive situation
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical face-to-face and online sessions including tutorials, workshops, group activities, discussion, workbooks, independent learning, and assignments.
- - Two different contexts, one face to face real time
- Active listening techniques; attending, reflective listening, responding to non-verbal cues
- Paraphrasing and questioning
- Summarising with supporting detail
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. In order to pass this module, students must attempt and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard.