The aim of this module is to enable students to apply knowledge and skill aligned to their chosen creative industries field, and work independently, and in collaboration, to carry out a project.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Identify and research a creative industries output, aligned with an overall project
2.Develop and work through a project plan and expected outcomes.
3.Undertake a project and contribute an individual and collaborative output
This module contributes to the achievement of the following Graduate Outcome(s):
Locate, select and analyse relevant information from a variety of sources and apply to context-relevant tasks and problems.
Work independently and collaboratively on context-relevant academic tasks and problems.
Construct a reasoned and researched argument, communicated using a range of appropriate media.
- Transferrable skills; interpersonal skills, managing self, teamwork, planning, time management, initiative, responsibility, reliability, communication skills, conflict resolution
Professional practice attributes; problem solving; decision-making, researching, professional and ethical behaviours
Creative Industries specific skills and knowledge
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module, students must attempt each component and achieve an overall pass grade of 50%.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Students will work on a directed Creative Industries project, led by a specialist tutor. They will gain knowledge, skills and capabilities by participating in a project, and gain an understanding of collaborative processes through working with others. The project will include class activities, practical sessions, tutor demonstrations; collaborative group activities and discussions; student seminars and/or presentations; simulated activities and role plays; guest speakers; and practical workshops. All teaching and learning will be web-supported.