Wellness and Human Development
The aim of this module is to enable students to develop skills and knowledge about wellness and human development in relation to themselves and others.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts, cultural perspectives and contemporary issues related to wellness.
Work independently and collaboratively to complete academic tasks and problems.
Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts, theories and cultural perspectives related to human development.
-The healthy body
-Contemporary health issues
-Cultural perspectives of health
-Theories of human development
-Cultural perspectives of Human Development
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Students will gain knowledge, skills, capabilities and attitudes by participating in classroom and practical sessions that may include face to face tutor led targeted teaching sessions; tutor demonstrations; collaborative group activities and discussions; student seminars and/or presentations; simulated activities and role plays; guest speakers; and practical workshops. All teaching and learning will be web-supported.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio 100
The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module, students must attempt each component and achieve an overall pass grade of 50.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- A full set of resources will be issued for this module, including course work and assessment materials, a list of recommended/required texts/library books, and web-based resources. Students will also be encouraged to use the library and other resources that can be accessed at Wintec.