Impact of ICT on Society
Students will explain the historical development of ICT by tracing its evolution in the New Zealand context. The impact of new technologies on various sectors of society will be examined. Ethical theory relating to ICT will be researched and analysed in the New Zealand school context.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse the various dimensions of the historical, social, educational and legal issues that
surround the transforming effects of information communication technology.
2. To analyse new technologies and their potential for impacting on society in the future.
3. Critically evaluate key aspects relating to ethical decision making in an ICT environment
within an educational context.
- Students will:
Explain the historical development of IT by tracing its evolution.
Analyse educational, culture and gender issues in terms of their relationship to the historical development of ICT.
Discuss the impact of new technologies on various sectors of society in relation to the transforming effect on each sector.
Critically analyse specific new technologies in terms of their potential to transform society at all levels.
Justify ethical behaviour in terms of its importance in an IT environment in an educational context.
Identify and critically analyse criteria for professionalism with reference to the teaching environment.
Explain the nature of ethical behaviour in terms of ethical theory.
Explain and justify ethical theories in terms of their influence on professional behavior within an educational environment.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- - Online learning
- Blended learning
- Independent Study
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text: An online extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.