Facilitating Learning in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This module focuses on designing, facilitating, assessing, and evaluating learning for diverse learners and contexts.
- Learning Outcomes
- Design and facilitate learner-centred teaching in a range of environments, aligning with wider education contexts
Apply assessment and moderation practices to enhance learner-centred learning.
Critically evaluate and reflect on own teaching practice to create and sustain a learner-centred teaching environment.
- -Organisational frameworks, objectives, policies, and procedures
-Principles of effective programme design
-Learner-centred facilitation and teaching strategies
-Face-to-face and online environments
-Blended teaching and learning activities
-Principles of sound assessment
-Assessment and moderation practices
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- The principles of effective adult and tertiary learning and teaching are modelled throughout this module. A variety of blended learning methods are employed to facilitate student-centred learning
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment is mixed mode with a combination of achievement and competency based assessment. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50 in each of the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments.