Graphic Design Fundamentals
To introduce students to the fundamentals of graphic design. The course will cover a range of design principles and skills for both print and screen based outcomes.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of design tools
2. Analyse codes and conventions of the graphic design discipline
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process
4. Create and integrate a broad range of content in response to a project brief.
- • Design process overview
• Fundamental visual communication principles
• Contextual research
• Layout and grid structure principles
• Typography principles
• Visual hierarchy
• Image control and manipulation
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.