CRTV704 – Art Education: Matauranga Toi
Art Education: Matauranga Toi
To enable students to understand relationships between theories of art and education for teaching and learning in Art.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Give comparative account of theories of art as they relate to education
2. Give comparative account of theories of education
3. Analyse own and others artistic practice as a model for teaching and learning in art
4. Develop teaching and learning plans and relate them to teaching simulations
5. Reflect on observed teaching and learning situations
- • Artistic practice and research methods
• Creativity in art
• Developing a literature review
• Theories of education
• Theories of art
• Epistemology of art
• NZ Curriculum; The Arts
• The classroom
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of at least 50% to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve, tutorials, seminars, workshops, group activities, reading summaries, guest speakers, online activities, critiques, teaching rehearsals, portfolio, as appropriate.