CRIT601 – Critical Methods 2
Critical Methods 2
To develop students' abilities in researching, analysing, critically engaging with, and communicating about creative outputs, with awareness of relevant cultural and media discourses, contexts and environments.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critically select and apply analytical and communicative skills used in media and creative practices and discourses.
2. Critically select and apply research methods used in media and creative contexts and discourses
3. Apply contextual awareness to interpreting creative practices and relevant discourses
4. Critically assess, select and interpret a range of resources for identified contexts
5. Critically assess and interpret creative outputs by self and peers
6. Distinguish, develop and implement analytical strategies for new creative practices
7. Critique cultural constructs that enable diverse practices
8.I dentify and apply principles and practices of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and Akoranga relevant to creative practices
9. Articulate critical understandings of media and creative discourses relevant to specific texts or contexts.
10. Apply ethical reasoning when interpreting media and creative contexts
- Assessment Criteria
- PortfolioEvidence Portfolio100
The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50 in order to pass this module.
- • Contextual research skills
• Discourse identification
• Collaborative, creative, and communicative skills
• Media and creative discourse
• Speculative awareness
• Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and Akoranga
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended - methods will involve online activities, ePortfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Audiovisual presentation spaces
Consultation with Wintec's Maori Achievement Office, and elsewhere