Critical Methods 2
To develop students' abilities in researching, analysing, critically engaging with, and communicating about creative outputs, with awareness of relevant cultural and media discourses, contexts and environments.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate advanced research and communication strategies relevant to creative practitioners.
2. Critically analyse media, cultural and creative practices and discourses in specified creative contexts
3. Analyse selected creative practice in relation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Assessment Criteria
- PortfolioEvidence Portfolio100
The portfolio comprises multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- ? Contextual research skills
? Discourse identification
? Collaborative, creative, and communicative skills
? Media and creative discourse
? Speculative awareness
? Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended - methods will involve online activities, ePortfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Audiovisual presentation spaces
Consultation with Wintec's Maori Achievement Office, and elsewhere