Critical Methods 1
To introduce students to researching, analysing, critically engaging with and communicating about creative outputs, with awareness of relevant cultural and media discourses, contexts, and environments.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Recognise, practise, and integrate analytical and communicative skills for eventual use in creative practices and discourses
2. Recognise, distinguish, and practice research methods used in, creative practices, and discourses
3. Develop contextual awareness of creative practices and relevant discourses
4. Assess and select a range of resources for identified contexts
5. Assess creative outputs by self and peers
6. Identify cultural constructs that enable diverse practices
7. Identify and apply principles and practices of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and Akoranga relevant to creative outputs
8. Explain and communicate an understanding of a range of relevant media and creative discourses
9. Recognise ethical reasoning within media and creative contexts.
- • Contextual research skills
• Discourse identification,
• Collaborative, creative, and communicative skills
• Media and creative discourse
• Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and Akoranga
- Assessment Criteria
- PortfolioEvidence Portfolio100
The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50 in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended - methods will involve online activities, ePortfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate