Advertising and Publicity
To develop and grow students’ knowledge of advertising, marketing, communication and publicity in the creative industries. The collaborative learning environment will reflect actual practices in these industries and extend students’ understanding of the relevant codes, conventions and methodologies in an applied context. Students will be required to analyse audiences, products, market environments, emerging technologies and options for media placement and apply them in a project setting.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Understand appropriate processes for the development of creative communication solutions.
2. Demonstrate the ability to generate creative proposals and pitches.
3. Research and analyse common advertising, publicity, and communication codes and conventions.
4. Execute a creative communication solution in response to a project brief.
5. Demonstrate ability to act and think independently through a reflective process
- • The marketing environment
• Identification of advertising, marketing and public relations strategies
• Analysis of communication strategies
• Creative proposals and pitches
• Ethics, industry standards, and creative practitioner code of practice
• Interpretation of communication in a range of cultural and social contexts
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and client presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.