COMM602 – Feature Writing
To enable students to develop practical and theoretical knowledge to produce topical feature writing for a variety of media platforms.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, portfolio, tutorials,
lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips,
critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse relationships between media platforms and content
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the structure of feature writing
3. Produce feature writing in an appropriate professional context
- • Topical reviews and feature writing
• Relevant codes and conventions
• Contextual research
• Professional tools and practice
- Assessment Criteria
- Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- A list of recommended resources is provided in the course outline