COMC408 – The Primary Care Practice Assistant in Context 2
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The Primary Care Practice Assistant in Context 2
This module enables students to integrate their knowledge and skills in a primary care practice context in order to develop a holistic approach. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of primary care to support people, family and/or whnau and the healthcare team.
Employ effective and safe practices to care provided to people, family and/or whnau.
Transfer clinical task knowledge and skills to a variety of practice settings under direction and delegation from a regulated health professional.
- -Characteristics of primary care.
-Clinical tasks in a variety of settings (familiar and unfamiliar)
-Professional behaviours including compliance with legislation, policies and procedures, cultural safety, health literacy, ethical behaviour, effective communication, teamwork, working under direction and delegation.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.