COMC407 – The Primary Care Practice Assistant in Context 1
The Primary Care Practice Assistant in Context 1
This module extends students' understanding of their place as an effective team member both within a primary care practice setting and the wider health and wellbeing sector. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Understand the role of self and of others and participate at an appropriate level in a primary care practice team.
Demonstrate an understanding of own socio-cultural identify and self-knowledge.
Develop and maintain respectful and effective relationships with other service providers to support people, family and/or whnau
- -Administration and quality systems
-Reflection on understanding of self
-Constructive feedback within the workplace
-Personal and professional relationships in the primary care context and the wider health and wellbeing sector
-Professional behaviours including compliance with legislation, policies and procedures, cultural safety, health literacy, ethical behaviour, effective communication, teamwork, working under direction and delegation
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.