COMC405 – Administration and Quality Systems in Practice
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Administration and Quality Systems in Practice
This module provides students with an understanding of quality systems and the knowledge and skills to be an effective team member in a primary care practice setting. Students will develop skills for effective, appropriate and ethical communication in the workplace. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Effectively engage and communicate with people, family and/or whnau accessing primary care services.
Employ appropriate documentation relative to particular quality systems tasks.
Actively contribute to a culture of professionalism, safety and quality in a primary care practice setting.
- -Quality systems; data collection and storage; Cornerstone quality standards
-Principles of effective documentation; communication skills
-Characteristics of effective teamwork
-Recognition of conflict situations and coping strategies
-Professional behaviours - compliance with legislation, policies and procedures; accountability; cultural safety; ethical behaviour
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.