COMC404 – Clinical Tasks in Primary Care
Clinical Tasks in Primary Care
This module provides students with the anatomy and physiology knowledge required to perform routine clinical tasks under direction and delegation from a regulated health professional within a primary care practice setting. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology when working with people in a primary care practice setting.
Perform routine clinical tasks under direction and delegation.
Identify normal ranges of vital signs, routine tests, and appropriate responses to deviations from normal ranges.
- -Anatomy and physiology of the major body systems
-Measure and record temperature, pulse, respiratory (TPR) rate; blood pressure (BP)
-Prevention of cross infection
-Effective documentation of activities of client care
-Timely reporting of findings to appropriate regulated health professional
-Professional behaviours - working under direction and delegation; effective communication skills; time management; chaperoning; compliance with legislation, policies and procedures; health literacy
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.