COMC404 – Clinical Tasks in Primary Care
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Clinical Tasks in Primary Care
This module provides students with the anatomy and physiology knowledge required to perform routine clinical tasks under direction and delegation from a regulated health professional within a primary care practice setting. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology when working with people in a primary care practice setting.
Perform routine clinical tasks under direction and delegation.
Identify normal ranges of vital signs, routine tests, and appropriate responses to deviations from normal ranges.
- -Anatomy and physiology of the major body systems
-Measure and record temperature, pulse, respiratory (TPR) rate; blood pressure (BP)
-Prevention of cross infection
-Effective documentation of activities of client care
-Timely reporting of findings to appropriate regulated health professional
-Professional behaviours - working under direction and delegation; effective communication skills; time management; chaperoning; compliance with legislation, policies and procedures; health literacy
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.