COMC403 – Administration and Quality Systems
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Administration and Quality Systems
This module provides students with an understanding of relevant legislation, Codes, policies and procedures in primary care. An overview of administrative tasks essential to effective workflow within a primary care practice setting will be introduced. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Comply with relevant legislation, policies and procedures in a primary care practice setting.
Understand and apply workplace health and safety requirements in practice
Contribute to the effective functioning of primary care practice administration and quality systems
- -Introduction to relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures in a primary care practice setting.
-Workplace health and safety requirements
-Introduction to the basic principles of quality improvement in primary care
-Administration tasks including patient enrolments; records management;
-Professional behaviours including effective communication skills; teamwork; record keeping; confidentiality; cultural safety; ethical behaviour.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100
The e-portfolio components could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project or formal report. These could be group or individual assessments.
The weight of the overall assessment is equally distributed across learning outcomes.