COMC401 – You and the Primary Healthcare System
You and the Primary Healthcare System
This module provides students with an understanding of parameters of their role as a Primary Care Practice Assistant and their place in the primary care sector. Students will be introduced to the concepts of Mori as tangata whenua and Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi. Includes 50 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Understand the parameters of the Primary Care Practice Assistant role within the primary care setting.
Recognise the place of Mori as tangata whenua and explain the significance of te Tiriti o Waitangi/ the Treaty of Waitangi within primary care.
Maintain appropriate standards of professional behaviour in the workplace.
- -The role of the Primary Care Practice Assistant in primary care
-The principles of the te Tiriti o Waitangi Treaty of Waitangi
-Te Whare Tapa Wh - Mori dimensions of health
-Determinants of health (e.g. housing, income, race, alcohol, smoking, etc.)
-Introduction to medical terminology
-Te Reo Mori words and phrases, and tikanga practices relevant to the Primary Care Practice Assistant role
-Professional behaviours including professional boundaries; introduction to communication skills; customer service
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be online delivery with work-based skills development, project based interactive tasks, with online group sessions, video conference tutorials, and creation of e-portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolio of Evidence 100