BUTL301 – Understanding the Workplace
Understanding the Workplace
To provide learners with an introduction to stakeholder communication, objective setting, problem solving, decision making and leadership styles.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Understand the principles of stakeholder communication
Demonstrate knowledge of objective setting
Understand fundamental problem-solving and decision-making practices
Recognise different leadership styles
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment against the unit standards is competency-based (Portfolio of Evidence). The portfolio comprises multiple assessment tasks. To pass this module, learners must attempt and pass all assessment tasks.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learners undertake a blended approach to learning. Learners access and receive support through face-to-face workshop sessions, facilitator-led online activities and discussions, as well as independent research/study.
- • Identification and responsibilities of stakeholders
• Adapting communication styles to different stakeholders
• Difference between goals and objectives
• Purpose of goals and objectives
• Setting of goals and objectives
• Strategic objectives and operational objectives
• Distinguish between problem solving and decision making techniques
• Types and features of leadership styles