Understanding the Workplace
To provide learners with an introduction to business requirements, stakeholder communication, objective setting, problem-solving, decision-making and leadership styles.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and understand the requirements of a business entity
2. Understand the principles of stakeholder communication
3. Demonstrate knowledge of objective setting
4. Understand fundamental problem-solving and decision-making practices
5. Identify different leadership styles.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment against the unit standards is competency-based (Portfolio of Evidence). The portfolio comprises multiple assessment tasks. To pass this module, learners must attempt and pass all assessment tasks.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learners undertake a blended approach to learning. Learners access and receive support through face-to-face workshop sessions, facilitator-led online activities and discussions, as well as independent research/study.
- • Understanding a business entity
• Identification and responsibilities of stakeholders
• Adapting communication styles for different stakeholders
• Understanding goals and objectives and their purpose
• Setting goals and objectives
• Strategic and operational objectives
• Identifying and understanding problem-solving and decision-making techniques
• Types and features of leadership styles
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Online activities
? Workbook resource
? Case study/scenarios
? Facilitator-led activities
? Website and reading references and resources
? Learners workplace references