BUAD403 – Business Technologies
To provide students with the knowledge and skills to select, apply and review appropriate business technologies and digital applications to provide administrative systems, processes and services for a New Zealand business entity.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Select and apply appropriate business technologies that are fit for purpose.
2. Use appropriate technologies, software or digital application tools to produce business
information that is accurate and fit for purpose.
3. Work independently and show initiative to produce business information, identifying and
recommending any areas for improvement.
- - Business technologies and digital applications including computers, tablets, smartphones,
printers, Excel, desktop publishing, presentation tools, online notes, project management
software, electronic invitations, emailing, virtual meetings, web maintenance
- Policies, legislation, workplace requirements: including health and safety, privacy, document
and records management, copyright
- Professional practice attributes: Problem-solving and decision making; investigating and
reviewing technologies and applications; professional and ethical behaviours; interpersonal
skills; personal presentation; managing self; team work; time management; initiative;
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods may include theoretical and practical classes including lectures, group work, online activities, workshops, simulation, case studies, projects and guest speakers
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is achievement based. The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass the module, students must attempt any specific assessment components as specified by the Course Outline and must achieve a minimum 50% overall to pass the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Simulated office
Computer Labs; range of digital applications
Students will be directed to relevant and up-to-date articles and online resources as appropriate.