BSPD821 – e-Business Strategies
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To provide students with an understanding of the requirements for transforming an existing business into an e-Company and how to operate a V-Business in the digital economy
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this module students will be able to
1. Evaluate a process for obtaining knowledge from a variety of sources to form the basis of business templates.
2. Analyse the interdisciplinary approach to e-Commerce and e-Business.
3. Analyse the v-Business concept and how v-Business relationships evolve in which partners store complementary resources and technology to achieve a common goal.
- The potential of e-Business
- Enterprise application platforms for a variety of different e-Business situations
- e-Business architecture in a model format
The core e-Business processes in the new e-company
- Aspects of technology, strategic management, marketing, operations management and behavioural sciences that could be integrated into new business approaches.
- The nature and implications of doing business electronically
- e-models for enterprise applications - customer relationship solutions, enterprise resource planning systems, order management solutions, and supply chain solutions
- Strategies around each enterprise application
- The various e-Business design elements for an existing business moving into the digital economy that are responsive to evolving customer needs
- The challenges of becoming digital, how to make e-Business strategy and application infrastructure choices and how to implement the right choice
The V-Business organisation
- Key aspects of the virtual organisation and its limitations
- Strategic collaboration approaches between business
- Structure, strategy and success factors for the v-Business
- Ideal management support structures for a v-Business
- How knowledge and teamwork are critical in running a v-Business
- e-business enterprise platforms to provide solutions for transforming an existing business into an e-company
- The requirements for establishing a specific v-Business
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest lecturers, field trips, role-play, video conferencing, and on-line delivery, as appropriate
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the lecturer at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.