To enable students to develop an understanding of business planning for efficient and effective performance of a business entity.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Determine Mission, Vision, Values of a business entity.
2: Evaluate the external and internal environments of a business entity.
3: Examine key business resources, performance measures and controls of a business entity.
4: Differentiate between the strategic, tactical and operational aspects of a business entity.
- - Introduction and overview of business planning
- Setting SMART goals, objectives and action plans
- Planning tools, techniques and processes
- Internal and external environmental analysis
- Strategic, tactical and operational aspects of business planning
- Key business resources
- Marketing Mix
- Market/industry analysis
- Change and its impact on business
- Performance measures and controls
- Professional practice attributes: Effective and appropriate communication skills, professional
and ethical behaviours, compliance with internal and external requirements, cultural
recognition and sensitivity; teamwork, managing self and others, time management.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. Students must attempt and submit all assessments and achieve an overall pass mark of 50% across the portfolio to pass the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.