BIZM502 – People and Change
People and Change
To provide an overview of business management in a changing environment, and to enable students to understand and apply appropriate management principles to the human resources, sales and marketing components of a business.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Understand the impacts of organisational culture and the external environment on
2. Apply knowledge of the principles of human resources and sales and marketing to support
efficiency and effectiveness in an organisation.
3. Apply knowledge of change management to support organisational change.
4. Select and apply appropriate management principles and processes to support
- - The external environment and organisation-environment relationship
- The internal environment - corporate culture
- Human resource processes for an organisation, including job analysis and design,
recruitment and selection, and induction; and performance management including
motivation theories, setting work targets/objectives and training and development.
- Processes for effective sales and marketing
- Principles of effective change management
- Management and leadership techniques and approaches including: motivation, delegation,
- Manage own and others' learning and performance within an operational context
- Professional practice attributes: Effective and appropriate communication skills, professional
and ethical behaviours, bi-cultural partnership, cultural recognition and sensitivity; time
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. Students must attempt and submit all assessments and achieve an overall pass mark of 50% across the portfolio to pass the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.