Applied leadership and self-management
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to develop, apply and manage their contribution to team development, team performance and work flow management.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify how interpersonal relationships within a team can be managed to strengthen team performance
2. Apply leadership styles to promote effective team performance in different environments
3. Develop an inclusive environment that values diversity, to promote positive performance.
4. Demonstrate the appropriate behaviour required to lead a team professionally, ethically, and socially and culturally.
- • Leadership vs management
• Leadership attributes and responsibilities
• Emotional intelligence and situational leadership
• Professional behaviours (expected at work) including:
o Diversity and inclusive environments
o Social and cultural responsiveness (different cultural perceptions of effective leadership)
o Ethical responsibility
• Time management and work-life balance
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. To pass this module, students must attempt and pass all assessment tasks.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Online activities
• Workbook resource
• Case study/scenarios
• Facilitator-led activities
• Website and reading references and resources.