BIZM401 – Manage Workflows in an Organisation
Manage Workflows in an Organisation
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to manage work flows in an operational context.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Manage workflows to achieve team objectives
2. Assess against a business entity's established criteria and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives
3. Motivate and involve a team to achieve the team's objectives
4. Contribute to a business entity's objectives
- - How to run a successful business
- Importance of business planning
- Factors that affect business success
- Importance of a quality management approach to managing workflows
- How quality can be achieved
- Workflow management
- Developing objectives
- Setting up the team/identifying the stakeholders
- Developing the work plan
- Professional practice attributes: Effective and appropriate communication skills; professional and ethical behaviours; cultural recognition and sensitivity; compliance with internal policies, external requirements and relevant legislation.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learners will undertake a blended approach to learning. Learning is accessed and supported through face-to-face workshop sessions, tutor-led online activities and discussions, as well as self-directed research/study.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is competency-based. The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. To pass this module, students must attempt and pass all assessment tasks.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.