Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
The student will be able to critically examine contemporary issues in human resource management locally nationally and internationally. Once identified the issues will be evaluated for their impact on the human resource professional and the human resource function within organisations. The issues researched and analysed will reflect the dynamic nature of the current HRM environment.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and appraise the relevant sources of current information locally, nationally and
internationally which inform the human resource professional
2. Research, analyse and critically evaluate the literature to determine the impact of current
business issues on HRM
3. Appraise contemporary HR issues and developments and discuss their implications for
HRM on an international, national and local level
4. Develop innovative, efficient and effective human resource solutions to selected current
- The content will reflect the dynamic nature of the HRM environment and the issues that are relevant at the time of delivery
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final test of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.