BIBM755 – Strategic Marketing
To enable students to think strategically about marketing situations; be aware of the major aspects of planning and controlling marketing operations; demonstrate how the available range of analytical models and techniques might be applied to produce superior marketing performance; and to give full recognition to the problems of implementation and how these problems might be overcome.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Evaluate the concepts and principles of strategic marketing and their application to the
development of an appropriate marketing mix
2. Develop competitive strategies for positioning a firm in its chosen market or markets
3. Analyse the role of strategy development in relation to allocating and co-ordinating
marketing and company resources
4. Discuss the development of a strategic marketing plan, its implementation and control
- - Market and environmental analysis.
- Approaches to competitor analysis.
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Strategic management of the marketing mix.
- Marketing strategic modelling.
- Implementation of strategy and control
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment (3) of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for this module. ??
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.