BIBM733 – Event Marketing and Sponsorship
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Event Marketing and Sponsorship
The purpose of this module is to apply current theory and practice in analysing, planning, monitoring, evaluating and controlling the marketing efforts related to events.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply marketing theory to develop the appropriate mix to the unique aspects of marketing
2. Explain the marketing concept and outline how the business plan, marketing plan, and
marketing communication strategy interrelate
3. Describe the different types of marketing communication messages as applied to different
stages of the communication process and the media used to convey them
4. Apply exchange and marketing theories in the presentation of a sponsorship plan for a
5. Apply knowledge of communication vehicles and objectives in the presentation of a
marketing communication plan
6. Apply marketing theory to a marketing plan for an event
- - Principles of integrated marketing
- Principles of sponsorship pitching and sponsor leveraging
- Application of communications theory
- Importance of Communications messages and media
- Understanding the various media
- Application of marketing theory to an event
- Target marketing and market segmentation, psychographics and V.A.L.s research
- Understanding the impact of consumerism and the market economy
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Students must pass a minimum of 40 for Assessment 1. Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.