Event Marketing and Sponsorship
The purpose of this module is to apply current theory and practice in analysing, planning, monitoring, evaluating and controlling the marketing efforts related to events.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Explain the marketing and communication approach, and describe how an event can be effectively marketed and communicated to relevant stakeholders via an implementable communication strategy.
2. Describe the different types of communication outputs required to ensure an event meets its objectives.
3. Apply marketing and communication theory in the presentation of a sponsorship plan for a specific event.
- - Principles of integrated marketing
- Principles of sponsorship pitching and sponsor leveraging
- Application of communications theory
- Importance of Communications messages and media
- Understanding the various media
- Application of marketing theory to an event
- Target marketing and market segmentation, psychographics and V.A.L.s research
- Understanding the impact of consumerism and the market economy
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Students must pass a minimum of 40% for Assessment 3. Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.